Using LEGO® and working on projects can help a child to grow their skills in areas such as sharing, problem-solving, turn-taking, following rules and communicating.
Join us over four action packed sessions run by Child Psychologist and Certified Facilitator LEGO® based Therapist, Kristie and Therapy Assistant, Lisa.
Your child will be supported to form connections with other children, developing their social skills in a supportive and stimulating environment. The LEGO® Group emphasizes collaborative problem-solving and turn-taking while working towards a shared goal.
Our new LEGO®-based groups are a fun and entertaining way of encouraging children to work alongside others to achieve goals. Children will be grouped into teams to work on interactive LEGO® projects together.
What are the benefits of LEGO® group?
- Encourages collaborative play in a relaxed, secure environment
- Builds relationships and social skills
- Improves fine motor skills and hand strength
- Promotes turn-taking, problem-solving and working towards a shared goal
- Motivates children to communicate effectively with each other
Who would suit this group?
This group is for children between the ages of 6-9 years old who:
- Can communicate verbally or independently with an assistive device
- Have a willingness to play with peers with some independence from an adult
- Enjoy and have an interest in LEGO®
- Have a basic level of listening skills
We will assess each child’s suitability before commencing the program. All LEGO® is supplied. Children should bring a small snack and water bottle to the sessions.
Dates: 27 and 28 September, 4 and 5 October 2023
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Where: 61 Kitchener Avenue, Victoria Park
Cost: Total cost $775.92. NDIS clients may be able to participate in this group using their NDIS funding. Fee for Service clients are also welcome
Afternoon LEGO® group for older kids?
Do you have a 10-13 year old who would like to join LEGO® Group? With enough interest, we’ll offer another group for older kids. Please tell us if an afternoon group for older kids is of interest to you.
Other group programs: