We are on the look-out for like-minded individuals who are driven to experience joy and impact through volunteering.
Kites ToyBox connects families with toys, resources and information to support play and development for children living with developmental challenges.
With over 4,500 toys, we support ToyBox members to select resources that promote participation in activities aligned with the child’s goals.
As a volunteer you will play a significant role in helping us successfully provide our services to ToyBox members through assisting with various tasks to improve and maintain our toy library.
If you enjoy working independently, you love organising and enjoy communicating with and helping people – then you’ll be perfect in this role!
- Support members with toy hires and returns.
- Place returns according to day, and clean/return any toys that have been sitting in returns area.
- Printing, re-labelling and barcoding toys on shelves.
- Going through spare toys and items on back shelf to either add into the system, throw away, or donate.
- Checking batteries, test for functionality and identify if repairs needed.
- Carrying out basic repairs for broken toys in workshop (ie. gluing/taping/etc.)
- Reorganise ToyBox shelves as needed for ease of use and maximum space efficiency (channel your inner Marie Kondo!)
- Go through play boxes and check that all items are present and making notes of missing items and replacing whenever possible.
To help us provide more open hours access to the Library for members, we are looking for an ongoing commitment of 3 or more hours, on one or more days per week.
Ready to help us make a difference in the lives of families with children who have developmental challenges? We look forward to hearing from you!
- National Police Certificate (cost covered by Kites)
- Working with Children Check (cost covered by Kites)
For further information, please call us on (08) 9311 8222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to become a Volunteer
Please complete the form below to registering interest in volunteering for us.