Updated Friday 29 April 2022
To facilitate Kites providing a safe environment to its clients, employees, volunteers, and visitors, by minimising exposure to COVID-19, the organisation has implemented the following measures:
- Masks are to be worn by people (aged 12 years and older) while on our premises unless medically exempt.
- Temperature checking on arrival is optional.
- If you or a member of your household are unwell or you have been advised by health authorities to self-isolate or quarantine, please stay home and contact us to reschedule your visit.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have visited our facilities, please contact us immediately.
- Kites has increased cleaning around our buildings.
Please note that proof of vaccination and scanning QR check-in codes are not required to enter our premises.
We encourage the community to continue to stay safe and that includes:
- Being mindful of physical distancing.
- Practise good personal hygiene (wash hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitiser).
COVID-19 measures and health advice may change at short notice. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via our main telephone line on (08) 9311 8202 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on COVID-19
The Australian Government’s Department of Health (link opens in new window) website provides up-to-date information about COVID-19. The NDIS (link opens in new window) is also providing information which may assist your family.
The Disability Information Helpline provides information and referrals on 1800 643 787 or visit Government’s Disability Help page. The Helpline is available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEDT), excluding national public holidays.
COVID-19 Vaccination Program
Kites supports the Australian government’s COVID-19 vaccination program and is staying up-to-date with the latest program information released by the Australian Department of Health.
We will be supporting our clients, their families and everyone in the Kites community throughout the vaccination program rollout.
We encourage all clients and the community to visit the government’s COVID-19 vaccination online resources to keep themselves up to date.
Through these resources you can learn more about the priority rollout (link opens in new window), preparing to receive the vaccination (link opens in new window), information for people with disability (link opens in new window), and you can also access the vaccination eligibility checker (link opens in new window).