We have an ongoing commitment to providing therapy services throughout the coronavirus pandemic and the spread of COVID-19. Keeping our clients and their families safe and healthy is our top priority.
Return of face-to-face services
Kites Children’s Therapy is now offering face-to-face services again in addition to online therapy. These services are available on a case-by-case basis, depending on the needs and preferences of each family. Please contact us to discuss your therapy needs and how we can best work with your family.
All Kites therapy staff have completed COVID-19 safety and awareness training. Therapists have access to sanitation products and personal protective equipment (PPE), which can be used upon request by families.
Kites continues to provide online therapy services in addition to face-to-face appointments. Therapy services available online include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Social Work
- Exercise Physiology
Online therapy services can be by phone, Skype, Zoom or Facetime, which means you can receive services in your own home via whatever mode of communication you and your child prefer. You don’t need expensive equipment or technology to use online therapy – all you need is a smart phone.
Benefits of online therapy services include:
- More frequent contact with your therapist
- Increased flexibility with scheduling appointments
- Reduced travel and travel costs for families
- Reduced risks to yourself and your family in leaving your home
- Increased family engagement during sessions
- Less disruption to your family routine
- Increased confidence and empowerment for parents following the sessions.
Online therapy service appointments can be scheduled at a time that suits you. If you do decide to cancel, please give us 48 hours’ notice, or service fees will still apply as per the NDIS cancellation policy.
Face-to-face sessions with our Therapy Dog Bazza are now available again.
You can follow Occupational Therapist Brianna and Bazza through Bazza’s Dog Vlog on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram. One-on-one therapy sessions are also available with therapy dog Bazza online – make a referral to start receiving Dog Assisted Therapy support.
Our online group programs are tailored for both early intervention and school aged children and will keep your kids engaged, busy, active and working on skills to reach their therapy goals.
Groups programs will continue in Term 3, 2020, and the new program will be available soon.
Our Toybox library is back open, currently by appointment only. We’ve got new opening times, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, to suit all schedules. Book an appointment by contacting email@example.com and our friendly therapists will help you pick out toys to assist with your child’s therapy goals.
What you can do
We encourage our clients to continue to stay safe and that includes:
- Being mindful of social distancing, ideally keeping 1.5 metres apart from anyone else
- Washing your hands and your child’s hands with soap and water (preferable) or sanitiser where not available
- Contacting your GP if you feel you or your family members are developing any symptoms which may be COVID-19 related, and of course letting us know should this arise
- Limiting any large social gatherings
- Regularly spraying down hard surfaces and tops
- Minimising physical contact with the elderly and people at high risk, especially people with suppressed immune systems or ongoing health conditions.
How we will keep you informed
We will be providing updates on our services on our website as well as through social media, text or email.
With the introduction of social distancing and self-isolation, it is now more important than ever before to stay in contact with your friends, family and loved ones. If you ever need extra support, reach out to us.
If you have any questions regarding our services, don’t hesitate to contact us on (08) 9311 8222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on COVID-19
The Australian Government’s Department of Health website provides up-to-date information about COVID-19. The National Disability Insurance Agency is also providing information which may assist your family.