At Kites, we recognise the value of providing a safe environment for parents and carers of children with disability or developmental delay to share common experiences, concerns and inspiration.
Come join our free peer-led Peer Connect Group. We believe much of the information that will be helpful to parents is in the hands, heads and hearts of other parents like themselves. This group will be supported by our Family Support Worker, Michelle, and Social Work Student, Thame.
When: Thursday 12:30pm – 2:30pm
Where: Kites Children’s Therapy, 16 Sunbury Rd, Victoria Park 6100
This group will allow you to:
- Take part in peer support groups where families can share their stories in a safe environment
- Build relationships and establish support networks with families or carers in your local community
- Get information about services specific to early intervention
- Learn reflective and mindfulness skills
- Learn about well-being and self-care
- Learn about grief, loss and coming to terms with disability
- Learn how to use strengths to achieve outcomes
- Learn new strategies and ideas
- Be empowered and inspired to take charge of your journey.
Sessions will run weekly, starting from Thursday 27 August.
If you are a parent or carer of a child with disability or developmental delay, come and share a cuppa and a chat.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on (08) 9311 8222 or contact us.