Kites Children’s Therapy has received a CommBank Staff Foundation community grant and has developed a trial program to support children with disability or developmental challenges to access toys and sensory play suited to their strengths and interests. ToyBox PLUS includes a 12-month Kites ToyBox membership and four play and learn sessions led by allied health students.
What are the benefits of ToyBox PLUS to children and families?
- Building your child’s confidence, communication, and social skills.
- Advice on how to utilise your ToyBox membership to choose toys and activities that your child will enjoy playing and engaging in.
- Working closely with Allied Health Students to determine play goals and track progress that is fine-tuned to your child.
- Children have fun! Our play and learn sessions focus on just that, play!
Play is an important part of a child’s learning and development helping to build imagination and creativity, deliver emotional benefits, encourage independence and foster cognitive growth and problem solving skills.
This program also provides opportunity for Allied Health students to gain clinical experience.
- Membership to the ToyBox library.
- Play Skills Assessment by an Allied Health Professional student (Occupational Therapy or Speech Pathology).
- Three treatment sessions to build skills through play, parent coaching and information sharing.
- Loan of recommended ToyBox items to continue play at home.
- Report following the sessions detailing assessment, play sessions and future recommendations.
The Kites ToyBox is a large toy library that connects families and therapists with toys, resources and information to support play and development for children living with disability or developmental challenges. We have over 4,500 toys, including the largest collection of switch adapted toys in the southern hemisphere.
To express your interest in the next ToyBox PLUS opportunity, complete the enquiry form below: